Vote Wolfgang Guembel for Port Dalhousie Ward 6
Why I’m Running for City Council
Opportunity – Smart Taxes - Healthy Communities
I believe that I can work well with others to build a strong future for both our kids and our parents. This means:
- More Jobs and Opportunities - enable businesses to be successful and allow for growth so that great careers can be built in Niagara and not sourced elsewhere
- Smart Taxes - ensure taxes are used effectively, are sustainable, and don’t increase any faster than the rate of inflation
- Safe and Healthy Community – provide safe places for our children to study, play and grow, while ensuring we include and embrace our older population. It should include access to libraries, pools, entertainment, recreation, and culture for everyone regardless of age or ability
I believe that St. Catharines is like a Team. We live together and work together so the future is our collective responsibility. Although I am running in Port Dalhousie, I am aspiring to be a St. Catharines City Council member. The strength and well being of our community includes not only our ward but all of St. Catharines. Our families ‘live’ in, and enjoy, the whole city. Building a future is about being inclusive, accessible, and cooperative with all of our team members.
About Wolfgang Guembel
My wife Barb and I live in Port Dalhousie with our two children, Osker-Karl (3.5 – who starts school in the Fall!!) and Kensington (2). Osker and Kensie are the fourth generation of our family growing up here in Niagara.
Barb and I run our businesses in the heart of Port Dalhousie, at 15 Lock Street. They include Trysport Niagara, Lock Street Brewing Company and The Wellington at Port.
We are parents, entrepreneurs, and proud citizens of St. Catharines. I love this community and I’m working to be part of bringing people together for a strong future.
- Founder and Managing Partner of Lock Street Brewing Company;
- Part-time business and technology teacher for Nipissing University;
- Chair, Port Dalhousie Business Association (2015-current);
- Masters Swim Coach, St. Catharines;
- Ontario Certified Teacher (OCT, Math and Science);
- Past business professor at Niagara College;
- Masters Degree in Education and Public Policy;
- Undergrad in Environmental Engineering;
- Professional Ironman Triathlete (2003-2014);
- Barb operates Trysport Niagara a swimming and triathlon retail store, and Aktiv Life a programing company that offers yoga, running club, triathlon coaching, and wellness programs.
- Wolfgang is the managing partner of The Wellington at Port and Lock Street Brewing Company.
- Wellington at Port is the project to acquire and restore 9 and 15 Lock Street (both buildings are important pieces of Port Dalhousie history), to host Balzac’s Coffee, Trysport Niagara, Kaiser Haus, and Lock Street Brewing Company. 9 Lock Street was the old CIBC building and 15 Lock was the Wellington Hotel before becoming the Lion Tavern.
- Lock Street Brewing Company produces up to 5000L of handmade craft beer each month and has distribution in the LCBO.
- Between Trysport, Aktiv Life, and Lock Street Brewing Company we have created jobs for 15 people (5 full-time, and 10 part-time).
- The Wellington at Port Project that includes Balzac’s Coffee and Kaiser Haus increases the total jobs created to 27.